A few things:
1.) Yes, I'm still alive. Been out of communication with a lot of people, so - sorry! It's kind of funny when you receive 4 or 5 things from people saying "are you still alive?" within the span of a couple days, you realize maybe you've gotten behind on social aspects...
2.) I was also told I haven't been blogging enough recently. So here (and then the next post to come (which will be above this post as you read this) are some solid updatzorz.
3.) I fed my snake. It will eat thawed, frozen, pre-killed mice, so... which is better (less gross): the fact that I won't have to go and buy mice at the store every other week to feed my snake, or that I now have a tub of dead mice (each in a baggy, the baggies in a sealable container) in my freezer? That was a hungry snake. I dangled the thawed mouse right outside the igloo-hole from the snake's hidebox... and WHAM! not a tenth of a second later, the mouse was gone. I lifted up the hide box (which momentarily scared the poor snake - he's such a wuss!) and saw the mouse was already going down the hatch... width-wise! He tried this for another few minutes before relinquishing control of the mouse (he probably thought the prey would dash away) and regrabbing it and taking it head-first. Ah, the miracle of life. A snake digests all solid parts of their pray, including bone and tooth enamel (it's where they get their minerals), but passing a condensed bit of keratin-containing materials (I think mostly fur and nail, etc.) The point is, it's a pretty clean, highly efficient system.
4.) The new Iron Maiden album is really, really great. I have one of the songs over to the right for you to steal, if you'd like. But don't. That would be stealing.
2.) I was also told I haven't been blogging enough recently. So here (and then the next post to come (which will be above this post as you read this) are some solid updatzorz.
3.) I fed my snake. It will eat thawed, frozen, pre-killed mice, so... which is better (less gross): the fact that I won't have to go and buy mice at the store every other week to feed my snake, or that I now have a tub of dead mice (each in a baggy, the baggies in a sealable container) in my freezer? That was a hungry snake. I dangled the thawed mouse right outside the igloo-hole from the snake's hidebox... and WHAM! not a tenth of a second later, the mouse was gone. I lifted up the hide box (which momentarily scared the poor snake - he's such a wuss!) and saw the mouse was already going down the hatch... width-wise! He tried this for another few minutes before relinquishing control of the mouse (he probably thought the prey would dash away) and regrabbing it and taking it head-first. Ah, the miracle of life. A snake digests all solid parts of their pray, including bone and tooth enamel (it's where they get their minerals), but passing a condensed bit of keratin-containing materials (I think mostly fur and nail, etc.) The point is, it's a pretty clean, highly efficient system.
4.) The new Iron Maiden album is really, really great. I have one of the songs over to the right for you to steal, if you'd like. But don't. That would be stealing.
Comments