Screenshots

Enough talking, here are a few screenshots (click for full-res versions):

First one is just my basic desktop with background. The widgets are on the right, there's a clock face and below that is a little picture frame that, depending on how you set it, sifts through a folder (or folders if you specify) and changes the picture displayed. So you get a little miniature, changing picture frame. Nifty, eh?


(Click for high res image.)

This is shows how it pops up a little mini-view of the minimized window to preview before you restore it up from the taskbar to the desktop.


(Click for high res image.)

And finally, that side-view option that lets you see all the windows that are open. You click on the one you want to come forward to the front, then they zoom back in.


(Click for high res image.)

Well, I guess it's time for bed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just looking at it makes my memory and cache cringe.

I suppose whenever I build a new computer, I'll build it to be compatible for Vista (minimum 2GB memory, gaming is approaching 1GB itself in necessity and that leaves little room for anything else with Vista's hogging). But no way I'm punishing this machine with that :|.
Big Chris said…
I want to see how it will do with Rainbow Six, Half-Life 2 and WoW.

Luckily I'm not really a gamer these days. So far the computer and all applications are running so smooth, it's like butter-shifting.
Big Chris said…
I should also say that normally (so far) my physical memory usage ranges from 40% to 55% with a few applications open.

The nice part is that the memory gets reallocated as free when you close applications. I think XP always had some issues with that.
Anonymous said…
buttershifting1!!!!zomgzzz!11!

40-55%?! Jeez, I probably top out at 30% with normal applications in XP.

As for the reallocation, memory dumps and garbage collections are only as good as the code they are based on. Hopefully that's a sign MS has improved but I'll believe it a little more when I see it. I doubt Windows desktop machines are going to have serious uptime that rivals most Unix machines.

We'll get some Six testing in soon. Let me know when you are ready to fire it up loud and proud.

Popular posts from this blog

Limits.

YES! YES! YES!

Draft